I am back to my food blog after a long long time. And I am back with an awesome recipe this time. These coconut crunch cookies remind me of my childhood days, where dad used to either bring us fresh coconut cookies home or take us to a bakery where we would enjoy hot cookies, right off the oven. I am so glad I could re-produce the same taste even after 10-15 years. Here is the recipe. Its very very simple and you can have hot cookies in less than 15 minutes.
I am using wheat flour instead of maida and also using oil instead of butter – to make these cookies healthy snack 🙂
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Dry coconut/desiccated coconut powder – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Sugar – 1/3 cup (adjust acc.)
- pinch of salt
- Elachi powder – 1 tsp
- Take a mixing bowl and bring together all the ingredients.
- Mix well until you get a crumbly mixture. The mixture will really fall apart, unless you give the pressure.
- Let it sit for some 5 mins.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C and line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Make equal sized balls from the mixture (Need to give some pressure or add oil if too crumbly)
- Pat them flat using both the hands and spread them on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 10 mins and check if they are turning brown around the corners.
- Put it on grill mode for 2-3 mins to get a crunchy top.
- Take the tray out of the oven and dont touch the cookies for about 10 mins. Right off the oven, they are very soft and can break.
Note: I used home made coconut powder and loved the taste. Desiccated coconut can also be used. To prepare home made coconut powder, grind the coconut in the mixer until its powdery. Line a tray with parchment/baking paper and spread the ground coconut powder evenly and let it stay in the freezer for atleast half a day. Its good for anything that calls dry coconut.