Easy, step wise picture recipe to make one of the delicious grab to go lunch or dinner recipes – Paneer Tikka Wrap/Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll. Made with lots of fresh veggies, low calorie Paneer Tikka wrapped in a whole wheat paratha/multi layered flat bread.
So after all the binge eating in the name of festivities, it is time to go for the healthy stuff. And by healthy, I don’t mean stuff that tastes bland or makes you want to give up on life 😀 My mantra when it comes to our diet is to do anything in moderation and trying to cut down on empty calories. I don’t believe in following fad diets or giving up a food category just to lose weight and this recipe of healthy Paneer Tikka Wrap ticks all the right boxes for me.
Few days ago I posted a zero oil Hariyali Paneer Tikka recipe that is so delicious that no one would believe it is low calorie. While it is perfect as a snack, I wanted to turn it into a meal and whats better than a Paneer Tikka wrap or popularly known as Paneer Tikka Kathi roll. When these Kathi rolls or wraps are store bought, they are made with all-purpose flour. Not only do they feel dried up and stretchy, it is not so healthy. So I decided to use my whole wheat multi layered flat bread – Laccha Paratha as the base of the wrap. Not only these are soft both when hot as well as cold, they are healthy and at the same time delicious.
I added a lot of fresh veggies – diced up carrots, cabbage, onions and lettuce. And all these were nicely decked up on a layer of spicy green chutney. On top of all this, I placed the Paneer Tikka and wrapped it all up in tin foil. These Paneer Tikka Wraps are super simple to make once all the ingredients are ready and they can easily be made ahead too. Add any vegetable of choice along with grilled paneer/veggies/tofu for a fulfilling meal.
How to make Paneer Tikka Wrap | Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll –
Detailed step by step picture recipe of making Paneer Tikka Wrap | Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll –
1. To the finely diced vegetables, sprinkle lemon juice and salt as needed on top.
2. Prepare the laccha paratha– can be homemade or store bought.
3. Spread a thin layer of green chutney all over the paratha.
4. Next place a layer of lettuce leaves followed by vegetables and onions at the center of the paratha.
5. Now place 4-5 pieces of hariyali paneer tikka on top of the veggies.
6. Bring both the ends towards the center and wrap one end of the paratha in aluminum/tin foil.
7. Serve immediately with a side of more green chutney, diced onions and lemon wedge.
- Use any vegetable of your preference. But make sure they are fresh and add salt/lemon juice just before using them in the wrap.
- Instead of whole wheat paratha, roti or chapathi can be used too.
- Replace paneer tikka with tofu, veggies or even meat.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart