Quick, simple and quite delicious snack recipe – Masala Papad is very easy to make at home! Chatpata snacks are great party pleasers and this masala papad is one such recipe that can be prepared in a few minutes.
Summer is here and that means two things – scorching heats and kids summer vacations! It is impossible to spend any time longer than absolutely necessary to stand in the kitchen these days but at the same time, kids would love snacks every now and then. Forget kids, I would like quick snacks during weekends and I am always on the lookout for simple yet delicious snack recipes – that’s how I made Masala Papad at home 🙂
It really is very simple and the recipe itself is quite customizable according to the taste preferences. I stuck to the Masala Papad recipe the way we like it – slightly on the spicier side with lots of chaat masala and fresh coriander. It is one of the easiest snacks to make at home but in a restaurant you are usually charged a bomb for the same. With some hot Chai or coffee, it is absolutely delicious. It makes for a great appetizer too, just that it is better to let everyone fill up their papad as they like it!
Masala Papad is crispy, crunchy and full of flavor. More than anything, it is one of the best low calorie snacks! I usually don’t fry my papad and instead grease it with very little oil, microwave it – all it takes is 30secs to cook it to perfection at full power. If you have any qualms about using a microwave, simply shallow fry the papad. All it needs is the onion tomato masala and when you are ready to serve, fill the papad up and pop it into your mouth! And as I said it is easy to customize – add some boiled potatoes, peanuts, whole moong beans, pomegranate kernels or sev – it is just delicious anyway 🙂
How to make Masala Papad | Quick Snack Recipes –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Masala Papad | Quick Snack Recipes –
- In a bowl add finely chopped onions, tomatoes, fresh coriander leaves, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Mix well and when ready to serve, add fresh lemon juice as needed.
- Meanwhile, roast the papad either on microwave or by shallow frying or cooking on open fire. Spread the prepared masala all over the papad.
- Serve immediately with side of lemon wedge and more onion tomato masala.
- Adjust spices as per spice preference.
- Papad gets soggy when the masala is left on for longer. So add lemon juice to the masala only when ready to serve. Spread the masala on the papad when it is ready to be served.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart