Simple, yet delicious Ajwain Poori – puffed Indian flat bread flavored with carom seeds. Step-wise picture recipe to make Khasta Ajwain Puri.
I made some crispy Ajwain Poori to go with my Dhaba Style Aloo Matar. Ajwain Poori is puffed Indian flat bread made with whole wheat flour, flavored with carom seeds and other spices. I usually don’t make Pooris at home, that quite often. In fact, I make them so occasionally just twice or thrice in a year that it is almost equivalent to festive food at our house-hold. So when I mentioned that I was going to make Ajwain Poori to go with Aloo Matar, the husband was super happy 😀
It is really simple to make Khasta Ajwain Poori at home, just a few ingredeints – whole wheat flour, ajwain/carom seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and water. It is a nice variation to the plain pooris that most of us make at home. These Ajwain Pooris are crispier than the usual poori and are perfect to dunk into some semoi-watery gravy. These are perfect on their own with some hot ginger tea too!
How to make Ajwain Poori | Khasta Ajwain Puri –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Ajwain Poori | Khasta Ajwain Puri –
1. Add wheat flour, ajwain, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix it well. Add water little by little and knead into a smooth pliable dough.
2. Make equal sized balls out of the dough.
3. Dust each ball of dough in very little flour and roll into a circle.
4. Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying. Once hot, keep the flame on medium and fry the pooris until they are puffed up and crisp. Repeat this with rest of the dough.
5. Serve hot with any gravy of your choice.
- Adjust spices as per preference.
- Oil should be medium hot while frying pooris.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart