Healthy, delicious and super quick Eggless Whole Wheat Carrot Walnut Cake recipe with simple video recipe! Serve this with coffee or tea, it is light and spongy 🙂
I baked a really delicious Eggless Whole Wheat Carrot Walnut Cake today and I got so excited that I had to share the recipe immediately! I had planned a bunch of eggless baked goodies for this festive season and this is the next recipe in line after my eggless cinnamon rolls and gingerbread men cookies. Although I love making cakes and cookies, breads and savory bakes are kind of my thing. If at all I am making cakes, I stick to simple bakes that don’t take more than 10 mins of preparation work. I am not so good at decorating cakes, so I am excited when I don’t have to frost my cakes!
This eggless whole wheat carrot walnut cake ticks all the right kind of boxes for me – it is very simple to make, it is bursting with flavor, it can be served warm with your coffee or tea, there is no messy frosting involved, it is healthy made with whole wheat flour and lesser sugar, it is really moist, soft and spongy! So I just made a quick orange frosting to drizzle on top of the cake but then, I wouldn’t actually mind a plain cake!
I added orange zest and orange juice to flavor this eggless whole wheat carrot walnut cake and added some cinnamon powder too. I must say, I have been loving the flavor and warmth of cinnamon in all my baked goodies so far. This cake does not have any artificial flavors and is not loaded with sugar – it turned out perfectly golden, sliced so well.
I made this eggless whole wheat carrot walnut cake as a loaf in my 10” inch bread pan but the same batter can be used to make carrot walnut cupcakes too! Like all my eggless cakes, this recipe uses plain yogurt or curd as a replacement for egg and it works so well. And I love oil-based cakes better than butter-based cakes. The cake stays super moist, soft and spongy. You can keep the cake in fridge, still its texture is easily retained.
I made a simple recipe video to make eggless whole wheat carrot walnut cake, check out the video below and subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
How to make Eggless Whole Wheat Carrot Walnut Cake –
Detailed step-wise recipe of making Eggless Whole Wheat Carrot Walnut Cake –
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 mins.
- In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients – whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder and mix well.
- In another bowl add all the wet ingredients – light brown sugar, oil, curd, milk, orange juice, vanilla essence and orange zest. Whisk until the mixture is well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Now in batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk gently until there is no more dry mixture.
- Add finely grated carrots and chopped walnuts, fold them in gently.
- Add the prepared cake batter into a lined baking tray – I used my 10” loaf pan. Smoothen the batter and pat it down.
- Bake at 180°C for 35-40 mins until a tester inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from oven and let it cool down a bit before inverting it onto a plate.
- Meanwhile make the orange glaze by mixing icing sugar with fresh orange juice.
- Drizzle the glaze all over the cake and decorate with toasted walnuts on top.
- Cut the cake with a serrated knife and serve with a cup of coffee/tea.
- Cake stays well at room temperature for 2-3 days. For longer shelf life, refrigerate in an airtight container.
- This cake can be baked in a 8” square pan too or as cup cakes.
- The cake is sufficiently sweet but if desired add 1/8 to 1/4 cup more sugar as needed.
- Traditionally cream cheese frosting is used but I used glaze – variations include adding cinnamon powder in plain glaze.
- Keep a close eye on the cake while baking. Keep checking after 35 mins to check if it is done and bake for 5 more minutes as needed.
Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart