Super simple fool-proof easy eggless donuts recipe with detailed step-wise pictures. Make chocolate glazed donuts and jam donuts easily with a single recipe!
Who doesn’t like donuts? Spongy, soft and melt-in-mouth donuts glazed with chocolate is what dessert dreams are made of, for many of us. It is very easy to pass by a donut joint and get yourself a cup of coffee and donut. But do you know that it is as easy to make it at home? I have a fool-proof, idiot-proof, fail-proof recipe for eggless donuts that is so versatile. It takes less than 10 mins to prep for the donut dough and making them the traditional way by deep frying them in oil is very simple even for new cooks.
So I used the same eggless donuts recipe to make chocolate glazed version sprinkled with decoration toppings, jam donuts version that is filled with strawberry jam and also made dough holes. This recipe is versatile and can be decorated as you wish. These donuts turn out golden brown on the outside and soft, spongy on the inside.
I used my KitchenAid stand mixer to make the dough which means it took less than 5 mins. The dough mixture is pretty straight forward. All purpose flour, salt, butter, active instant dry yeast and milk – that’s all are the ingredients. Mix everything together into a smooth springy dough, proof it for an hour, punch back, cut into donuts and deep fry them. It is up to us to glaze them and there are many variations. You could go for the original glazed donut – that is nothing much icing sugar. It is also very easy to roll them in cinnamon sugar. I made two versions – chocolate glazed donuts and jam filled donuts.
With this same recipe, we can make homemade eggless dough holes too. Guess what, dough holes are nothing but the dough we cut out from the center. They are bite sized and are perfect when rolled into cinnamon sugar.
After contemplating and searching for it quite a lot, I got myself a donut maker/cutter a few months back. It is small sized and perfect to make small desserts that means you don’t over-eat 😀 I have used things available at home to work as donut cutter in the past and the only disadvantage is that cutting the dough might not be that easier. With a donut cutter, the edges are sharp and the dough doesn’t tear down but cut perfectly. You could still use a bigger round shaped mould and a smaller round shaped mould to make donuts. Better yet, don’t cut the center hole and you will get yourself a full donut that can either be filled or/and glazed. Check out the other eggless desserts too.
How to make Eggless Donuts | Chocolate Glazed Eggless Donuts Recipe | Eggless Jam Donuts Recipe –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Eggless Donuts | Chocolate Glazed Eggless Donuts Recipe | Eggless Jam Donuts Recipe
1. In a bowl, add warm milk along with butter, sugar and active instant dry yeast. Set it aside for 5 mins until the mixture is frothy. Add it to the all purpose flour and salt mixture, knead it into a soft dough. I used my kitchen aid stand mixer – notice how the dough is sticking onto the dough hook.
2. Continue to knead the dough for 3-5mins or run it on stand mixer for 3 mins on low speed until the dough is soft and springy.
3. Add a few drops of oil or soft butter and cover it with cling wrap.
4. Set it aside for an hour or so until the dough has doubled up in size.
5. Gently punch back the dough and knead again for a minute.
6. Roll it flat into a circle of 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness.
7. Using the donut cutter, press into the dough. Remove the center hole.
8. Repeat this with the rest of the dough and keep the dough holes separate. Set this aside for 15-20 mins.
9. Heat oil for deep frying until it is hot and set the flame on medium.
10. Meanwhile, lets get the glazing ready. To make the cinnamon sugar glazing, mix both castor sugar and cinnamon powder. Set it aside.
11. To make the chocolate glazing, add icing sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl.
12. Add 1 tsp milk to it. Mix it well to make the chocolate glazing. If it is too thick, add another 1/2 tsp milk. Don’t make it too runny. This might get hard as it rests a while, mix it up with a few drops of milk.
13. To fry the dough holes, drop them gently into oil and immediately they begin puffing up. As the bottom becomes golden, they turn themselves over. As both sides turn golden, remove them onto a tissue paper.
14. While they are still hot or warm, drop them into cinnamon sugar and coat them well.
15. To fry the donuts, drop one or two donuts into hot oil. Again, the donuts start puffing up. Fry until both the sides are golden brown. If the donut browns too quickly, it means the oil is too hot.
16. Once the donuts cool down a bit, dip them into the chocolate glazing and place them on a parchment paper. Sprinkle with toppings as needed. As they cool down completed, the glazing will harden up.
17. For jam filled donuts, make a small hole from the side of the donut once they have cooled down. Fill it with strawberry jam or melted chocolate from a piping bag.
18. Serve them with coffee or as desserts. Store them in an air tight container in the fridge. Microwave for 10 secs before serving.
- Instead of using all-purpose flour, you can also substitute 50% of it with whole wheat flour. The donuts might be slightly denser.
- You can also make original icing by omitting cocoa powder.
Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart