Make delicious Egg Manchurian with this step-wise detailed recipe. Tasty as a side for quick Indo-Chinese fried rice or noodles!
Indo-Chinese is one of my most favorites and for those of you who have been following me here, this isn’t really a surprise. Combining the beautiful flavors of Indian cuisines, we have adapted to the Chinese cuisine that Indo-Chinese is our own now and can be found in every nook and corner all over India. From Fried Rices to Noodles to Manchurian, we have it all. This recipe of Egg Manchurian is unique for me, as I hardly ever deep fry and that too eggs! The basic Manchurian recipe remains the same and is not very different from Mushroom Manchurian I have shared already. In fact, following the same technique, this recipe can be also made low calorie by cooking the batter dipped eggs in an oven.
I served this Egg Manchurian with some quick Veg Fried Rice and it was an instant hit. The difference between Chilli Egg and Egg Manchurian (Chilli version and Manchurian version) is that the Manchurian sauce is slightly sweeter and thicker in consistency. I don’t use any chillies at all unlike in a Chilli recipe, for instance in this Chilli Babycorn. This could easier be converted as Egg Manchurian Gravy with addition of some water or be made as Egg Manchurian Dry by not adding water. So, it works as both side dish as well as starter/appetizer recipe.
How to make Egg Manchurian –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Egg Manchurian –
1. In a mixing bowl, add quartered hard boiled eggs along with all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and ginger garlic paste.
2. Sprinkle a few tsp of water and mix everything gently so as to not separate the egg yolks from the whites.
3. Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying. Once hot, set it on medium flame and drop the batter coated eggs in small batches.
4. As the eggs turn golden brown, remove them from the oil and drain onto tissue paper. Repeat this with rest of the eggs.
5. In another pan, heat 2 tbsp Oil. Add finely chopped/grated garlic. Fry for 10 seconds.
6. Add cubed onions and fry for 2-3 mins.
7. Now add cubed capsicum and fry for another 2 mins.
8. Add the tomato ketchup and saute it for a minute.
9. Next add the Kashmiri red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Fry for a minute.
10. Add soy sauce and again cook for a minute.
11. As the sauce comes together, make a slurry of corn flour and water, add it to the pan.
12. Mix it well, if needed add a tiny bit of salt.
13. Within a couple of minutes, it will begin to thicken. So, add few tbsp of water if it is too thick.
14. Drop in the fried eggs and mix it well.
15. As the sauce coats the eggs, garnish with fresh coriander leaves (I didn’t have spring onions).
16. Serve hot with fried rice or noodles.
- Adjust spices as per preference.
- The fried eggs do lose their crispiness once it cools down, so mix the fried eggs into the Manchurian sauce before serving.
- Both onions and capsicum should have a crunch to them, if they are soft they don’t taste so good. Don’t overcook them. Fry them for 2-3 mins on high flame.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart