I never thought a day will come when I will bake bread at home. The OTG has made most of my dreams come true. First it was the Panner Tikka (Post pending on this), then the cup cakes, Eggless Choco cake and Choco Brownie and now this garlic bread roll. I would say this is an easy dish to make a great evening snack for the tea.
- Maida – 3 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – a pinch (or as required)
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves- 10
- Green chilli – 1
- Oregano spice mix – 2 teaspoons
- Butter – 1 tblspoon
- Oil – 2-3 tblspoons
- Dry Yeast – 1 tablespoon
- First mix the yeast with some warm water (from the cup of water) and let it dissolve well. Add Sugar and salt to the mixture.
- Prepare the dough by mixing the yeast mixture along with the remaining water. Make it similar to the chapathi dough.
- Add in the oil and knead well. leave it untouched for an hour by covering it with wet cloth. I used a cling film to cover the vessel.
- After an hour, the dough should be double the size. Knead it well enough again.
- Meanwhile waiting for the dough, prepare the garlic-butter concentrate.
- Grind garlic cloves along with the green chilli and mix it with the butter (room temp). Add the oregano spice mix too. You can substitute oregano with coriander that is thin sliced.
- Now roll a small portion of the dough into a rectangle that is around 1 cm thick.
- Apply the garlic butter mix generously on top of it and roll it to form a tube.
- Cute the tube structure into 3 portions. Similarly prepare the remaining dough too.
- Grease a baking tin with little oil and place these dough rolls vertically (the roll should be seen from top)
- Prepare the oven by preheating in toast mode for 10 mins at 180deg C.
- Bake these bread rolls at 180deg C for 25 mins. the last 5 mins should be on toast mode to have golden colored top.
- Serve the hot bread rolls with a simple dip. I went for tomatomayonnaise dip which was a hit among the family.
Note – to have soft bread rolls.. you can spread some milk on top of it before baking. To have strong garlic flavor, you can also rub in additional garlic butter concentrate on the other sides before baking. Sesame seeds added on top will give nice flavor too.