I love having soups any time of the day. Soups of any kind just excite me to no end. Sadly though, I have never tried my hands on any thing apart from Veg Soup, Sweetcorn Soup, Mushroom Soup and Pumpkin Soup. I had a bunch of spring onion lying around in the fridge for 5 days. I had plans to make something out of it, which never saw the day light. Today, as I was getting bored I thought why not make a soup and boom!!!! I had an idea.. why not make spring onion soup? I started preparing it, which is very easy. While I was almost finishing, I thought why not put the alfa-alfa sprouts to good use. I love these sprouts that look so cute and taste wonderful too. I like the crunch of these little sprouts and they definitely added flavour to my soup.
- Spring Onion – a bunch
- Chopped Onion – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Chopped garlic – 2 tsp
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Salt – as required
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Alfa-Alfa Sprouts (can omit if not needed) – 2 tbsp
- Take a pan and hat oil.
- Add garlic and chopped onion, saute until golden brown.
- Add chopped spring onions (remove the roots) and saute only until they are shrunken. Green color should be retained.
- Let the mixture cool completely and then add grind it into a smooth paste.
- Put it back into the pan and add the water and milk.
- Add salt, pepper powder and bring the soup to boil.
- Switch off the flame and add the alfa alfa sprouts. They will be cooked in the heat of the soup while maintaining the crunch.
- Serve with croutons.