Yay! Friday again and I am bubbling with joy. Somehow this first week of new year felt like the longest week ever. Seriously! Work has been killing me all through the week and today is not going to be any better. Sigh. I could really use another long weekend!
Today’s recipe is going to be a super simple dessert. A Chocolaty Strawberry Dessert bowl. I dont even know if such a thing exists as I whipped this up when we were craving for a good dessert over the weekend. The strawberries are in season and to use up the fruit as it is, I combined it with the goodness of chocolate and ice cream. With in few minutes, we had a winner of this dessert. See for yourself the super simple steps and try this out at the soonest 🙂
To make Chocolate Strawberry Dessert Bowl
What I used –
- Fresh Strawberries, 10-12
- Digestive/Marie Biscuits, 5-6
- Chocolate Cookies, 3-4 (optional)
- Cooking Chocolate, a small slab (1/4th cup when melted)
- Chocolate Sauce, 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Ice Cream, 2 scoops
How I made –
1. Take the cooking chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt it in the microwave by setting it on micro high for 30 secs to 1 min. To the melted chocolate, add roughly crushed Marie biscuits. The chocolate should coat the biscuits. Add this as the first layer in the serving bowl.
2. Add chopped strawberries as the next layer and repeat the chocolate covered Marie biscuits as the third layer. For the fourth layer, add roughly crushed chocolate cookies. Repeat a layer of strawberries. This can be continued until the bowl is full. Finally add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
3. Sprinkle chocolate syrup on top and serve immediately!
- Any other fresh fruit can be added along with strawberry.
- Instead of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream with vanilla flavour can be used as well.
- There is nothing as such as a rule when it comes to making the layers. Keep adding the layers until the bowl is full.
- Using chocolate cookies gives a different texture but can be skipped.