Okay, I have a confession to make. In the last month or so I have been posting more desserts and sweets than anything else and I am not feeling bad about it 😉 I love sweets, especially those that are made at home and would like to enjoy a bite or two after any meal. Needless to say, I have been making a lot of sweets at home and they are finding their way over here 🙂
The last time I made eggless brownies at home, they were a mighty success. In fact, that is one of the most popular recipes from my blog. I have made it over and over multiple times and has become my go-to brownie recipe. All it requires is a single bowl, few ingredients and you get super rich eggless brownies with no effort at all (almost). One of these days, I wanted to bake caramel brownies (hah! As if the chocolate was not enough) and decided to change my recipe slightly.
With the salted caramel sauce pre-made, this is as easy as making one bowl brownies. I wanted to cut out the butter in my brownies, so used oil for making these eggless caramel brownies. It was more of an experiment as I was not sure if the texture of the brownie would differ with this mighty change. As expected, the brownie was not as dense as it is supposed to be. It was a rich delicious cake with caramel sauce baked into it. The next time, I reduced the amount of baking powder and that did the trick. I had got perfect brownies that required no butter and were just as easy.
I drizzled some more caramel sauce on top and heated the brownie every time I had to serve it. These brownies were good to go for more than a week in the fridge and were fresh, soft and delicious too.
Learn to make Eggless Caramel Chocolate Brownies by following this quick one minute recipe video –
How to make Eggless Caramel Brownies–
Prep Work –
- Finely chop the dark chocolate and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C for atleast 10 mins. Line the baking tray with butter paper or grease it with butter.
How I made –
- In a bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream the oil and curd together. Add it to the dry ingredient mix.
- Slow add water and gently fold the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Next add the grated/chopped dark chocolate and fold it in.
- Pour the brownie batter into the baking tray and tap it gently to avoid any air bubbles. Pour the salted caramel sauce on top and using a spoon, swirl the caramel sauce into the brownie batter.
- Set it in the oven at 160°C for 35 mins or until a tester inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let it cool down. Invert onto a plate and cut equal squares.
- Serve hot or cold or warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream with more salted caramel sauce added on top.
- Salted Caramel Sauce recipe can be found here.
- Oven settings differ for different makes of ovens. Keep a close eye on the brownies while baking.
- Bake the brownies on low temperature for 35-40 mins to get a good crust on top.
- Adjust the amount of water as per needed. For the quantities I used, it had to use ¾ cup of water. The brownie batter has to be thick so adjust accordingly.
- Store the brownies in the fridge for longer shelf life and reheat it in microwave just before serving.
Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart