Step-wise picture recipe to make easy and super creamy restaurant style Palak Paneer, with basic ingredients at home! This bright green Delhi-style Palak Paneer goes really well with any Indian bread or Pulao.
I have a healthy recipe to share today, most amazingly creamy, rich and delicious Palak Paneer recipe restaurant style, the one I have come to love a LOT. Although Palak Paneer recipe is very basic – it is just cottage cheese and spinach based gravy, there are so many versions of it. In fact I have posted a low calorie palak paneer in the past and this recipe is very different from that. For starters, it is really easy to maintain that bright green color and the paneer remains really soft. It is a delight to make this at home and trust me, even if someone doesn’t love their greens, this recipe will convert them for good.
Although I love a good Palak Paneer, I have chosen to make Methi Chaman multiple times in the past, just for the fact that it packs a lot more nutrients. One of the days when I was scratching my head for a quick lunch option, I got reminded of this Palak Paneer I had checked from here and decided to give it a try. There is a magic ingredient in this recipe and the one responsible for bright green Palak Paneer is whisked curd. I knew it could make or break the gravy, so I decided to go with my adaption of the same and it turned out simply out of the world.
I served this restaurant style Palak Paneer with some Ajwain Paratha and it was a big hit with my family. It took me literally 20 mins from scratch to make this and you would have to try to believe how creamy and delicious it is. As there is no cream but yogurt added in this recipe, there is a high chance that it could split. I used a trick to ensure that the yogurt remains intact, check out the recipe below. I always make extra when it comes to my favorite food as the flavor increases multiple folds with the leftovers! This is a garlicky, spicy Delhi style Palak Paneer recipe with very few spices and it is lip-smacking good 🙂
How to make Palak Paneer | Restaurant Style Palak Paneer –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Palak Paneer | Restaurant Style Palak Paneer –
1. Blanch Palak/Spinach by putting it in hot water and quickly transferring it to cold water. This helps cook but also retains the green color.
2. Once cooled down, grind it along with fresh coriander leaves into a smooth puree. Set this aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil and add jeera. As they splutter, add finely chopped garlic and green chillies. Cook for a couple of mins.
4. Next add finely diced onions and fry until translucent.
5. Whisk plain yogurt/curd with gram flour/besan until smooth. Add it to the pan, cook on low flame making sure not to curdle it.
6. Add turmeric powder, black salt, coriander powder and salt as needed. Cook for 3-4 mins on low flame.
7. As the oil oozes out, add prepared spinach puree and mix well.
8. In the next couple of minutes, check the consistency of the gravy and add some water if needed.
9. Add cubed Paneer/Cottage Cheese.
10. Mix well and remove from heat in a minute.
11. Serve hot with any Indian bread, cut onions and lemon wedge.
- Use fresh curd for best results.
- I usually drop paneer cubes in hot water before adding them to any gravy – that way they stay fresh for longer.
- Don’t cook the gravy for more than 3-4 mins after adding the green spinach paste, it would lose its color and flavor.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart