Make the best hotel style Chilli Parotta recipe easily with step-wise pictures. Spicy Chilli Parotta with Onion Raita is heavenly!
My love for Chilli Parotta goes way back and it is filled with nostalgia. Growing up, we hardly had any restaurants around and when a big one opened in the locality, my dad took us there. Having hardly been to restaurants before, one thing from the menu caught our attention – Chilli Parotta. It was love at first bite and ever since, I have been a big fan. We never really tried making at home because it was always one dish that we associated with eating out 🙂 You can go to any hotel/restaurant in Tamilnadu and this is Indo-Chinese twist of Chilli Barotta is sure to be found. So, you ask why I made it at home? Being in Bangalore, I miss it like crazy and the only way is to try it at home. Once you make Parotta, making this dish is a breeze!
We Indians love adding a Chinese twist to a lot of Indian food recipes, isn’t it? Chilli Parotta is one such amazing invention. Crispy onions, capsicum, cabbage and crispy fried parotta pieces with lots of chillies and other spices, stir-fried at high heat – that’s the recipe in simple terms. This recipe is low calorie as I refrained from deep frying the parotta pieces, but in no way it is any less tastier than the traditional way! And you know what makes it the best, the side of onion raita. It is a super quick meal that works as dinner or even lunch.
How to make Chilli Parotta | Hotel Style Chilli Parotta Recipe –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Chilli Parotta | Hotel Style Chilli Parotta Recipe –
1. First heat the parotta on low flame until it really crisps up. Drizzle some oil around as needed.
2. Cut the parotta into small squares.
3. In a pan, heat oil and add curry leaves, slit green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
4. Once the raw smell is gone, add diced onions and fry on high heat for a minute or two.
5. Next add shredded cabbage and diced capsicum, fry for 2-3 mins. The vegetables should not lose their crunch.
6. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Cook for 1-2 mins.
7. Add tomato ketchup along with salt as needed and mix well. Add 1-2 tbsp water if needed.
8. Next add the parotta pieces and toss them well.
9. As the parotta pieces absorb the sauces well, remove from heat.
10. Serve it immediately hot with onion raita.
- Additionally grated carrot can be also added.
- Adjust spices as per preference.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart