Make this delicious Cinnamon Hot Chocolate with simple and easily available ingredients in your pantry. Hot Chocolate or Hot Cocoa spiked with Cinnamon flavor!
I am a big fan of Homemade Hot Chocolate. Period. Although chocolate milkshake or cold Oreo Milkshake sounds yummy, I am always team hot chocolate even in these hot summers 🙂 Having recently fallen in love with Cinnamon flavor, I am always finding ways to use it in my regular recipes. During one of the grocery runs, I happened to pick up a batch of really fragrant Sri Lankan Cinnamon Sticks and the first thing that popped into my mind was to make some hot cocoa spiked with cinnamon flavors.
So I followed my usual hot cocoa recipe and added in 2 sticks of cinnamon. The base of the recipe is really simple – unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar and milk. Last time I added a scoop of whipped cream/vanilla ice cream to make it richer. This time however, I skipped it and instead added some chopped cooking chocolate to make it more chocolatey. With the addition of cinnamon sticks, there is really no need to add any vanilla essence too. You could serve this both hot and cold, although I prefer to keep it as Cinnamon Hot Chocolate 🙂 So here is the most simple recipe, that makes two delicious cups of your favorite beverage just your coffee shop style.
How to make Cinnamon Hot Chocolate | Cinnamon Hot Cocoa –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Cinnamon Hot Chocolate | Cinnamon Hot Cocoa –
- In a sauce pan add cocoa power, sugar, salt and add water. Whisk well until there are no lumps. Now add 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Bring this mixture to a slow boil, stirring it continuously. Now add cinnamon sticks and cook them along.
- As the mixture begins to thicken, add chopped cooking chocolate and stir it in.
- Finally add rest of the milk and check for sweetness. Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Pour into individual serving cups and serve hot immediately.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar as per sweetness preferred.
- You could also add 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder instead of cinnamon sticks.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart