The first time we had an Oreo Choco Frappe in KFC, we fell in love with it – this was last year. Ever since, I had been planning on making it at home only to forget it all this while. Couple of weeks back, I whipped up some yummy Oreo Choco Frappe/Shake at home and it was immensely loved by everyone. It is one of the easiest recipes that can be made with very few ingredients at home. I noticed that the shake/frappe when made at home is thicker and tastier than the store bought one as I didn’t add as many ice cubes as KFC did. That way, it turned out super tasty. Also, as I know what ingredients I am adding – it’s comparatively healthier than a store bought drink. I am sure this would be a huge hit with kids – what with Oreo biscuits, ice cream and choco syrup added 😀 Even my chocolate hating parents ended up loving this frappe so much.
To make Oreo Choco Frappe | KFC Style
What I used –
- Oreo Biscuits, 10 + 2 (for topping)
- Toned Milk, 2.5 cups
- Vanilla Ice cream, 4 large scoops + 2 extra scoops to top
- Sugar, 2-4 tsp
- Instant Coffee Powder, ½ tsp (optional)
- Chocolate Syrup, 2 tbsp
How I made –
- In a mixer jar/blender, add Oreo biscuits, milk, instant coffee powder, 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream and sugar. Whip for 1-2 mins.
- The cookies would be semi crushed and the frappe foamy.
- Transfer this mixture into an air tight container and set it in deep freeze for 1-2 hours.
- The frappe would be semi solid. Using a hand beater or an electric whip, beat it until its frothy again. Pour into tall glasses.
- Before serving, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Sprinkle some crushed Oreo biscuits and drizzle some chocolate syrup on top.
- Instead of freezing the prepared frappe, one can use ice cubes while blending. Be sure to reduce the milk quantity and increase the ice cream quantity in that case.
- Instant coffee powder is optional especially of serving to kids.