When I posted Aam Ki Puri yesterday, I did tell you that I have an incredible side dish coming up and here we are, with Aamras! Aamras literally means Mango Juice. There couldn’t be an easier side dish, ever and a great one at that.
If you are a mango lover, there is no way you could let this summer pass by without making Aamras. On a hot summer day, there is really nothing like a soothing cold cup of delicious thick mango juice. While I enjoy my fair share of Mango Lassi, Mango Milkshake and other mango desserts, it is the Aamras that has my heart. I make it super thick, without any milk or water and love to scoop it up by spoonfuls 🙂
As much as Aamras could be had as it is, it is a best accompaniment for Puri or even rotis. When I had my made my Aam Ki Puri, I decided on making this super simple flavored mango puree and it was such a huge hit. For the best results, it is always recommended to use Alphonso mangoes and luckily I had some sweet ones last weekend. I am sure we will be making this many times over, this summer!
How to make Aamras | Flavored Mango Puree –
Detailed step by step picture tutorial of making Aamras | Easy Mango Puree –
1. In a blender jar, add cut mangoes, sugar, powder from 2 cardamoms, dry ginger powder and saffron strands.
2. Blend until smooth and fluffy.
3. Remove onto a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Serve chilled with hot Aam Ki Puri.
- Adjust the amount of sugar depending on the sweetness of mangoes. Add more or less as needed.
- I added dry ginger powder as it helps compensate all the sweetness and helps in easy digestion too. Optional to use.
- Saffron strands give a nice flavor as well as color but optional too.
- If the Aamras is too thick, add few tbsp. of milk or water as needed while blending.
Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – CHCooks
Instagram – CHCooks
Twitter – Cookinfromheart