I think I am bit by the baking bug 😉 These days, all I want to do is bake something. The energy flows in as soon as I think of some cake. I came across this recipe through ME's blog and from the moment I saw the recipe, I wanted to try it. This is such an awesome cake and I must say, the most successful so far in all the ones I baked. I must really thank ME for such a timely post with the recipe of this cake. The husband was so impressed again and wants to have this cake with ice cream. The hot and the cold combination would make it wonderful for the dessert 🙂 This is the recipe which I adopted exactly except for halving the ingredients while preparing for we are only two of us to complete it.
For the crumble -
- Maida - ½ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Butter - 5 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Walnuts Chopped - ½ cup
For the cake -
- Maida - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Butter - 8 tbsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon power - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla Essence - 1.5 tsp
- Yogurt - ½ cup
- Apples - 2
- Baking Powder - 1.5 tsp
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- First prepare the crumple topping by mixing maida, sugar, butter and salt. Mix it well until its gets a grainy structure.
- Add walnuts to this mixture and put it in the fridge until its required.
- For preparing the cake, take a bowl and sift maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, add butter and sugar. Beat on low speed for about 4 minutes until the mixture gets light.
- Now add the eggs one by one beating each for a minute .
- Add flour and yogurt alternatively by beginning and ending with flour. Beat the mixture on low speed until it is smooth.
- The batter will be thick. Add the diced apples to the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking pan and level it out.
- Now set the crumble topping on the batter and press it gently.
- Preheat oven at 180° C for 10 mins.
- Bake this cake for 40-50 mins on bake mode and additional 2 mins on grill mode.
- Serve this cake hot with ice cream or at room temperature with whipped cream.