I had never seen just long bean sprouts until a few months ago, when I had an opportunity to see them for the first time. I had to try them immediately. I made a simple stir fry out of them, by adding washed bean sprouts to the normal Indian tadka and a little salt. It tasted great, I am a person who loves to eat only half cooked veggies. The crunch from these sprouts amused me so much so that I wanted to make it a regular in my kitchen. But will I have such an easy go? I could never find another pack of them in the super markets for a long long time. Luckily, I found them back two days ago and I instantly picked up a pack and this time, S suggested I make it into Chinese Stir Fry recipe. Being a lover of Chinese food, I couldnt say no and I had an awesome stir fry staring at me in less than ten minutes. Its very simple to make and goes well with any fried rice recipe. If you are a veggie freak like me, you can gulp down the entire plate as the main course too 🙂 Now, here is the recipe –
- Bean Sprouts – 1 pack (200gms)
- Soya Sauce – 2.5tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Heat olive oil in a kadai. (Sesame oil gives the best taste though)
- Once oil heats up, add bean sprouts and give it a quick stir.
- Within 3 mins, the sprouts start to shrink and then add salt and sugar.
- Let it cook for another 2 mins and add soya sauce. Give a stir again.
- Bring it off the heat in 2mins and bean sprout stir fry is ready to be served 🙂
Note: Overcooking the sprouts will make them lose the crunch and the whole essence is lost.