- Potato – 3 medium sized
- Carrot – 1
- Beans – a handful
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Salt – as required
- Red Chili Powder – as required
- Garam Masala powder – 2 pinches
- Ginger garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Bread crumbs
- Maida/Cornflour – 2 tsp
- Water – as req.
- Boil the vegetables in just the required amt of water. I used my microwave oven to boil the vegetables. It took me 8 minutes.
- Mash them into a coarse paste with the help of a spoon.
- Add the salt, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, red chili powder and mix well.
- Place this mixture for cooking in the microwave for 3 more minutes. Let it cool.
- In the mean time, prepare the cornflour/maida solution by mixing the flour with little water. The concentrate should be neither runny nor thick.
- Make out the vegetable mixture into required shapes with 1 inch thickness which is ideal for a burger patty.
- Dip it in the corn flour mixture and quickly roll it over the breadcrumbs. Slightly press the sides and keep it aside.
- Once all the patties are prepared this way, put them in the refrigerator(Not in the freezer) for an hour. This gives firmness to the patty.
- At this stage, the patties could be deep fried – heat oil in a pan. Let the oil be very hot else the patties would break.
- If you want no/less oiled version, use OTG.
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 200ºC. Meanwhile grease the baking tray and place the patties. Rub in little oil using a pastry brush.
- Bake them for around 40 mins on bake mode. Turn them over after half the duration or put on grill mode.
- The patties will be crisp, firm and juicy inside 🙂