The husband and I, both love burgers... especially the KFC ones 🙂 every month, I would find chances to eat there to have a hole in the purse. I decided to try out burgers at home. Getting burger buns was never an issue. To prepare the patty, I would have to fry them in oil which is what I hate so much. I had tried them on a flat tava with less oil. The resultant patty would be very soft and uncooked. The OTG is now making every dream of mind come true. After several months, I wanted to try preparing burger at home yesterday and sudden light bulb glowed. Why shouldn't I try preparing patty on the OTG... there I jumped into the action mode and this recipe is the result of it. 😉
- Potato - 3 medium sized
- Carrot - 1
- Beans - a handful
- Green Peas - ¼ cup
- Salt - as required
- Red Chili Powder - as required
- Garam Masala powder - 2 pinches
- Ginger garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Bread crumbs
- Maida/Cornflour - 2 tsp
- Water - as req.
- Boil the vegetables in just the required amt of water. I used my microwave oven to boil the vegetables. It took me 8 minutes.
- Mash them into a coarse paste with the help of a spoon.
- Add the salt, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, red chili powder and mix well.
- Place this mixture for cooking in the microwave for 3 more minutes. Let it cool.
- In the mean time, prepare the cornflour/maida solution by mixing the flour with little water. The concentrate should be neither runny nor thick.
- Make out the vegetable mixture into required shapes with 1 inch thickness which is ideal for a burger patty.
- Dip it in the corn flour mixture and quickly roll it over the breadcrumbs. Slightly press the sides and keep it aside.
- Once all the patties are prepared this way, put them in the refrigerator(Not in the freezer) for an hour. This gives firmness to the patty.
- At this stage, the patties could be deep fried - heat oil in a pan. Let the oil be very hot else the patties would break.
- If you want no/less oiled version, use OTG.
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 200ºC. Meanwhile grease the baking tray and place the patties. Rub in little oil using a pastry brush.
- Bake them for around 40 mins on bake mode. Turn them over after half the duration or put on grill mode.
- The patties will be crisp, firm and juicy inside 🙂
Leave a Comment