Today’s recipe is a simple Chilli Cheese Toast. Now show me one person who doesn’t like cheese?! There literally cannot be anyone. I am no exception to it. Although I am allergic to cheese in excessive quantities, I try to sneak in some every now and then 😀 Chilli Cheese Toast is a favorite in our household and it is a pity that it doesn’t get made as often as possible. The husband is not too particular about cheese and I don’t like to be partial to myself 😉
During one of the evenings when I was back from work early, I was lazing around the house looking for something to do. I found some capsicums and decided to make cheese toast right away. Usually, the chilli cheese toast that I have had at cafes would have no veggies but then, I wanted to bring in my twist and added up some capsicums. When capsicums were added, how could I miss corn?! So, in went some corn and along with it some onions and tomatoes as well 🙂 Finally, it became veggie chilli cheese toast!
I used a blend of cheddar and mozzarella along with all these veggies. Apart from the chilli flakes and the dried mixed herbs, I also added a secret ingredient that made the dish quite tasty. And that is garlic powder! I made these toasts in oven but the same can be prepared on a stove top on a flat pan. Served hot with cheese oozing out, there cannot be a simpler yet tastier dish 🙂
To make Chilli Cheese Toast | Corn Capsicum Cheese Toast
What I used –
- Brown Bread Slices, 4
- Sweetcorn Kernels, ½ cup
- Capsicum, 1 medium
- Onion, 1 medium
- Tomato, 1 small
- Chilli Flakes, 1 tsp
- Powdered Dried Herbs, 1 teaspoon (Oregano, Thyme, Parsley and Basil)
- Garlic Powder, ½ tsp
- Butter/Olive Oil, 2 tsp
- Cheese, as required (of your choice)
- Salt, as required
How I made –
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add finely chopped onion, capsicum and sweetcorn. Microwave high for 5 mins. The water from the veggies would soften them up. Add finely chopped tomatoes and microwave high for 3-4 mins.
2. Add salt required. Add red chilli flakes, dried herbs and garlic powder. Mix well. Let it cool down.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180°C for 5-10 mins. Cut the bread into triangles and apply butter/olive oil on both sides. Spread 2-3 teaspoon of the prepared veggie mixture on the bread slices. Add grated cheese on top evenly. Toast at 180°C for 5-10 mins until the bread is slightly crisp and the cheese is melting/bubbling. If using stove top, place the prepared bread slices on a flat pan and cook on low heat until the bottom is crispy and cheese has melted.
4. Serve hot with a sprinkle of more herbs/chilli flakes.
- I cooked the vegetables in microwave for ease. Can be cooked on stove top with a teaspoon of olive oil/butter.
- Adjust spices as per preference.
- Serve the toast when hot or else, the cheese would not taste as good. Alternatively slightly heat it again before serving.
- I used brown bread but sandwich/white bread can be used.
- Vegetables can be totally skipped or used as per availability.
If you wish to get regular updates on my recipes, do follow me on Facebook @ Cooking From My Heart. You can also reach to me at [email protected] for any suggestions or queries 🙂
Yum yum drooling for that cheese... what a simple and yet superb dish this is! isnt it 🙂
It really is simple and delicious 🙂 Thanks dear!
The toasts look delicious! ?
Thanks Vajeea 🙂
Yummy as always 🙂
Thanks dear 🙂
G is that one person who doesn't likes cheese :-/. And I can eat it anytime of day 😛
chilli cheese toast are total yumm and addition of capsicum n corn sounds delicious. 🙂
I know, S doesnt like it much as in love it. I cant simply understand how in the world is it possible. But then, think of it this way - we dont have to share it with them 😀
Love cheese toast and this looks so yummy!
Thanks Sandhya 🙂
The Metal Pan
UUUH YES!! More please *_*
🙂 🙂 yeah! 😀
What a beautiful tasty idea 🙂 . I love it !!! x
Thanks much dear Lynne 🙂
Nice.. Perfect snack with veggies. For our evening snack I usually spread sweet or green chuntney n some cheese n bake it. ??
nything with cheese, yummm! 🙂
Looks awesome GB, will surely try this out 🙂
Thanks FV! Sure, let me know 🙂
Cooking For The Time Challenged
This is beautiful! Yum!
Thank you Carol 🙂
Freda @ Aromatic essence
Yumm!! Can have this anytime 🙂
Me too! 😀
Delicious Toast... lovely combo of veggies. ..
Thank you Chitra 🙂
Lynz Real Cooking
CH wow this looks so yummy!
It really was, Lynn - thanks 🙂
Lynz Real Cooking
Very yummy ? & easy thanx for the recipe
Thanks much Dimple! 🙂 Welcome to my blog.. 🙂
Delicious! I really would like this fr breakfast
I am sure the day would be bright with such a cheesy toast 😀
Hey..got to land here through a friend's blog and absolutely loved this..I was just mentioning to her that I'm guilt for not cooking anything these days for kids. .
Your blog and posts inspired me so much that I prepared this yesterday and kids loved it..even my mother in law who hates cheese , loved this dish...thankyou so much..
I am so glad that your family loved this! Thanks for sharing the feedback.. If you do have any photos, pls share with me so that I can share on the blog's FB page 🙂 You can email me at [email protected] 🙂