I made my first batch of chocolate cupcakes in my recent possession - a muffin tray. While I was so happy for the soft, moist bouncing cupcakes I am so sad I couldn't decorate them well enough. My idea of the end product -cupcake was totally different from what I had in reality. Blame it on my sleepiness or tiredness. I took an easy way out. Instead of doing a butter cream frosting + filling the cup cake with it, I just made choc syrup oozing cupcake. It turned out pretty good except that I was not fully satisfied with as my mind had a completely different picture. Taste wise, it was best. I have brought these cupcakes to surprise my office friends 😀
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Egg - 1
- Sugar Powdered- ½ cup
- Maida - ½ cup
- Yogurt - ¼ cup
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Milk/Dark Choc - ¼ cup (I used milk)
- Cocoa Powder - 2 tsp
- Hot boiling water - ¼ cup
- Take a mixing bowl and sieve maida and baking powder together with a pinch of salt.
- Take another bowl and beat egg with oil and sugar on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence, yogurt and continue to beat.
- Gently fold in the maida mixture in three additions until there are no lumps formed.
- Mix the boiling water with the chocolate and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the cake mixture and gently fold.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180°C for 15 mins and grease the muffin tray with oil or line with muffin liners.
- Fill the muffin tray with cake mix until ¾th and bake them for 20-22 mins on 180°C.
- An additional 3 minutes might be required on toast mode. Remove the tray from oven when the cake top is firm and bouncing.
- Cook them for 10 mins and the transfer to wire rack.
- Once the cupcakes are completed cooled, take a knife and make a small piercing on top of each one.
- Pour some chocolate syrup and wait until it seeps in. Repeat it 3 times or more as required.
- Spread the chocolate syrup on the top of the cake and make decorations as you wish.
Anything that is oozing with chocolate is perfection in my book.
Lovely recipe, thanks for shaing! =)
Welcome here 🙂 Do try it out and let me know how you liked it!
GB, you are awesome 😀
I love baking too 🙂
and this is simply yummmy ...slurpppp 🙂
Thank you so much MM 🙂 🙂
I am craving chocolate now 🙁