A quick, delicious and perfect summer treat – Creamy Chocolate Fudge Pops! Simple and easy to make these rich chocolaty fudge pops at home with step-wise picture recipe.
What could be more fun than chocolate?! Of course it has to be frozen chocolate and that’s exactly what these creamy chocolate fudge pops are all about. I wanted to start making some summer special recipes as it has been very hot since a couple of weeks. As the mango season has not really started yet, I wanted some non-mango dessert to start with. Since I had a new popsicle mould that I planned on inaugurating, I thought I might as well make something chocolaty.
My original idea was to make some chocobar style popsicles at home but it was a little too hot for me to try it out – may be one of these days. The best thing about this recipe of Creamy Chocolate Fudge Pops is that it takes less than 10 mins to prepare this and then you just wait for it to freeze. Since it has chocolate as well as cocoa powder, it has right tones of sweetness and bitterness. Moreover, it gets super creamy with no extra effort at all.
As soon as the preparation and freezing part was over – I was super happy with how these creamy chocolate fudge pops had turned out. But (yes, there is a but) as always it is very hard to capture popsicles on camera – especially with the melty, dripping fudge pops making stains all over the plate. Since I was really keen on sharing the recipe here on the blog, I had to convince myself that these pictures are good enough. Trust me, they taste so so good – we are done with all of them! There are so many variations one can do to this recipe – like add some instant coffee or add some chocolate chips or play around with the bitterness of the cocoa powder.
How to make Creamy Chocolate Fudge Pops –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Creamy Chocolate Fudge Pops –
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate until smooth.
- Heat milk and when it about to boil, add cocoa powder, sugar and vanilla extract to the boiled milk and mix well until there are no lumps.
- Carefully mix in the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth. Let this cool down completely.
- Fill the popsicle moulds and put them in the freezer.
- When they are semi frozen, insert the ice cream stick and let them set for 6-7hrs in the freezer.
- To unmould the fudge pops, run them in water at room temperature and gently remove the pops.
- Serve immediately.
- Use milk and fresh cream 50:50 for a much creamier version.
- Double boiler setup: Heat water in a bowl and place another bowl containing chocolate on top so that it is not in direct contact with heat. Melt chocolate this way so that it doesn’t split.
- Adjust sugar levels depending on the desired sweetness.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart