Yesterday I posted homemade Tandoori Roti recipe and today, its going to be a perfect side dish for any Indian Breads. This recipe is a must try for all egg lovers and goes perfectly well with any indian bread like Naan, Kulcha, Roti, Phulka or even Pulaos. One of the weekdays, I wanted to surprise the husband with egg curry but did not want to make anything regular. I started preparing this dish with no particular recipe in mind, using anything I fancied. Luckily I did have some low fat cream lying in the fridge and decided to make the gravy creamy. It was one of the best and easiest side dishes for roti and we literally licked the pan clean! For those you who doesnt eat or like eggs, it can substituted with par boiled vegetables or use desired meat. The curry is very accommodating and takes it anything, making it tasty! 🙂
To make Creamy Egg Curry
What I used –
- Eggs Boiled, 2-3 gms
- Onion, 1 large
- Tomato, 2 medium
- Ginger Garlic Paste, 1 tsp
- Oil, 1 teaspoon + 1 tsp
- Dried Bay Leaf, 1
- Jeera/Cumin, ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder, ¾ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder, ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder, ½ tsp
- Jeera Powder, ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder, ¼ tsp
- Low Fat Fresh Cream, 1 tablespoon (I used Amul Low Fat Cream)
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves, 1-2 tsp
- Salt, as required
- Water, as required
How I made –
1. In a nonstick pan, heat 1 teaspoon of oil. Add dried bay leaf & jeera and fry for ten secs. Add chopped onions and fry until translucent. Add ginger garlic paste. Add the dry masala powders - red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and jeera powder. Fry for 3-4 mins.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until mushy. It may take 4-5 mins. Let the mixture cool down completely.
3. Once the mixture is cooled down completely, blend it into a smooth paste. Heat a pan with 1 teaspoon of oil. Add the ground paste and cook it for 3-4 mins. Add required salt and mix well. Add fresh cream and mix well.
4. Cut the boiled eggs in half and add it to the curry. Add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- To perfectly hard boil an egg, boil it on medium flame for 12 mins. Run it in cold water and deshell.
- The onion tomato mixture can be cooked in microwave as well.
- For additional spiciness, green chillies can be fried in the butter/oil at the start.
- Adjust spices as per preference.
- A pinch of sugar can be added if the tomatoes are too tangy.
- For richer version, cashew paste can be added along with cream.
- Instead of eggs, meat or parboiled vegetables can be used.