Cupcakes had always been my favorite. I had tried it a couple of times in microwave not to turn out so good. The taste of beaten egg cant be taken out how much ever vanilla essence be added. I stopped all my trials after multiple failures in creating a perfect recipe. After getting the OTG, I wanted to try my luck just once and it turned out great. That too, since its also eggless I am a doing a little dance of success!! 🙂 This recipe is based out of yogurt, thus tasting very unique and yummy. Its very easy to prepare and here is the recipe.
- All purpose flour/Maida - 1 cup
- Sugar powdered - ¾ cup
- Cocoa powder - ½ cup
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Butter (room temp) - ½ cup
- Vanilla Essence - 2-3 drops
- Instant Coffee Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - a pinch
- Preheat the oven at 350°F for 10 mins.
- Take a bowl and sieve maida, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and powdered sugar. Mix all the ingredients.
- Take another bowl and add butter, yogurt, vanilla essence and mix well. With this mixture, add instant coffee powder mixed with 2 tablespoons of warm water. Bring all these together with out any lumps.
- Now add the maida mixture slowly to the butter-yogurt mixture and fold the mixture until there are no traces of maida left.
- Grease the cup ckes molds/liners with little butter and fill ¾th of them with the batter.
- Bake them in BAKE mode for 12-1 3 mins and in TOAST mode for 2 mins.
- Take out the cupcakes and prick them with a sharp pin. They are fully cooked when the pin comes out free and non sticky.
- Let them cool for 5-10 mins before taking the cakes out of mold. Cupcakes are now ready to be served with tea/coffee.
Note:The duration of baking/toasting differs by the brand of oven. Based on your oven, the duration might be slightly higher/lower. Exercise care. Any frosting to be done only after the cupcakes are brought to room temperature.
looks yummy and spongy.. i like the color balls 🙂
excellent blog.. thanks for meat-free, egg-free recipes