Happy New Year people!! 🙂 🙂
As the first post this year, I wanted to post something special, something sweet and here I have the recipe of egg-less chocolate crepes. The first time I had crepes I have to admit that I hated them the most. My husband paid over a hundred bucks for something that was sorry looking with nothing but some banana slices stuffed into it. It was a great deal having to finish up the entire plate as I didn’t want it go waste. I have not touched crepes after that lone incident until I saw some awesome looking crepes on my Instagram timeline. I immediately started preparing this low calorie version following the recipe shared with a few modifications and it was a winner. Luckily I had some strawberries at home and the crepes tasted extra awesome with some dripping chocolate sauce.
This recipe is a low calorie version as I have used ripe banana and honey for most of the sweetness. I wanted my crepes to be slightly crispy so I cooked them for a little longer but that can be accommodated as per desire. Strawberries, bananas, chocolate sauce or powdered sugar would go really well with these crepes. If you are anything like my husband, you would also love a big scoop of vanilla ice cream with it. Now here is the recipe 🙂
To make Eggless Chocolate Crepes
What I used –
- All-purpose Flour, ⅓ cup
- Whole Wheat Flour, 2 tbsp
- Cocoa Powder, 2-3 tbsp
- Ripe Banana Mashed, 1
- Honey, 3-4 tbsp
- Sugar, 2 tablespoon (optional)
- Salt, a pinch
- Baking Powder, ¼ tsp
- Baking Soda, two pinches
- Milk, ½ cup
- Water, as required
- Butter (Melted), 1-2 tsp
- Strawberries, 5-6 (optional)
- Chocolate Sauce, 2 tablespoon (optional)
- Vanilla Ice Cream, 2 scoops (optional)
How I made –
1. In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, mashed ripe banana, honey, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix everything together. Add milk and beat well until everything is combined. If the mixture is too dry or thick, add some water/milk as needed. The batter has to be of pourable consistency.
2. Heat a flat pan or tawa and set the flame on medium. Take a ladle full of the crepe batter and pour it on the hot pan. Spread it into a circle of desired thickness. I made them as thin as possible. Spread some butter on the top of crepe and cook for a minute or until the top looks cooked. Flip and cook for 15 secs. Remove onto a plate.
3. To serve up the crepes, place diced strawberries and roll the crepe. Sprinkle chocolate sauce or powdered sugar. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream or as it is.
- Addition of wheat flour is optional.
- Instead of honey or ripe banana, sugar can be added for extra sweetness.
- The batter has to be of pourable consistency and add milk or water accordingly.
- The crepes crisp up once out of the pan. Wait for a minute and serve immediately.