Simple and delicious Homemade Eggless Cinnamon Rolls perfect for the holiday season! Learn how to make Cinnamon Rolls at home with step-wise pictures.
So it’s the holiday season already! Part of me is happy cos I love festivities and it’s that time of the year when the air is chill, and people are relaxed. The other side of me is wondering how soon 2018 seemed to have gone by. Sigh. Anyway, lets focus of the good part and getting back to the holiday season, I love baking goodies using this as an excuse 🙂 Truth be told, I love yeast based bakes and breads more than cakes or cookies. So obviously the first recipe I am going to share during this season is Eggless Cinnamon Rolls.
I gifted myself a KitchenAid Stand Mixer during my recent trip to the U.S and it is something I love so so much! One of the reasons I stopped sharing bread recipes, although I love bread making is because of the unbearable pain in my wrists, kneading the dough by hand. This stand mixer *not sponsored* is like a dream come true. I made several goodies trying it out at my sister’s place but Eggless Cinnamon Rolls were first thing I made once I was back home – they were devoured by everyone at home and another batch is being demanded soon 🙂
These Eggless Cinnamon Rolls are light and so very fluffy. I like the fact that they were not overly sweet. As these are made at home, I found them much better than the rolls from any store. I served them with evening tea but these are perfect for breakfast too!
There are so many recipes available online but I looked at the recipe at King Arthur Flour and modified it to suit the ingredients that are easily available in Indian market. I glazed the baked Cinnamon Rolls lightly with a sugar glaze but chocolate glaze works great too. These homemade Cinnamon Rolls stay well for 3-4 days even at room temperature. Simply microwave them for 20-30 secs before serving them!
Check out few other Christmas goodies below.
How to make Eggless Cinnamon Rolls | Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Eggless Cinnamon Rolls | Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe –
1. Gently heat milk with 3tbsp butter until slightly hot.
2. Add 2 tbsp Sugar and mix it well.
3. Now add the active instant dry instant, mix well and let it rest for 4-5 mins until the yeast is activated.
4. In a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour and salt. Mix it together.
5. If you are using a stand mixer, add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and knead at speed 2 for 5-7 mins. If you are kneading by hand, knead by pull and fold method for minimum 10 mins. The dough should spring back when touched.
6. Place the prepared dough in a greased bowl and cover it with cling wrap.
7. Leave it in a warm place for an hour or until it is doubled in size.
8. Gently punch down the proofed dough and roll it into rectangle of size 12”x 8”.
9. Meanwhile prepare the filling mixture by mixing the granulated sugar and cinnamon powder.
10. Spread a thin layer of melted butter all over the rolled dough and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly on the rolled dough. Press it gently to make sure the filling sticks.
11. Roll the dough tightly from the longest end and make a log.
12. Cut down the edges (don’t discard) and slice log into 11 (or 12) equal sized pieces.
13. Meanwhile grease a 12” round pan with butter and place the sliced pieces in the pan, spacing them equally. If needed, flatten them a bit.
14. Let it rest in a warm place until the rolls have risen considerably and are puffy for about 25-30 mins. Brush the tops with some melted butter. Preheat the oven at 180°C in the meanwhile.
15. Bake the rolls at 180°C for 25-30mins until the bottom and the sides are golden brown. Brush the top again with some melted butter.
16. Set them on toast mode for 2-3 mins until the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven.
17. Prepare the glaze by mixing the icing sugar with milk and it should be in dropping consistency.
18. Once the rolls are slightly cooled down, drizzle the frosting on top.
19. With the cut off edges, roll them into strips and twist them at the center. Place them on a baking sheet.
20. Bake at 180°C for 15 mins until golden brown.
21. Serve the rolls warm or cold along with coffee/tea for breakfast or snack!
- Instead of using milk for the recipe, replace it with non-dairy milk or half with water.
- The top of the cinnamon rolls can be glazed with chocolate sauce or ganache too.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart