Beautiful and absolutely delicious Eggless Mango Almond Muffins recipe with detailed step-wise pictures. Make these simply stunning eggless mango muffins for coffee/tea snack!
My next Mango recipe is here! As you all know by now, I absolutely love mangoes and I love working with them in desserts. This year I started off by making No-Bake Mango Cheesecake with the first set of mangoes we managed to get. I didn’t actually plan for these Eggless Mango Almond Muffins at all, until the husband got me started on that idea. I have made Eggless Mango Cake last year and it is the most gorgeous, moist and beautiful cake. But somehow, I was not bought on the mango muffin idea. He kept reiterating the idea and one fine day, he took up the task himself. I happened to wildly suggest him to follow the same recipe as my Banana Walnut Muffins and that’s what he did. Boy oh boy, were the results golden or what?! We were super impressed by the outcome and the muffins vanished in no time at all. If not anything, adding a fruit to the muffin batter makes it so moist and delicious.
These Eggless Mango Almond Muffins became my best evening tea time snack and I was craving them very badly. We ended up making another two batches in the last two weeks and that’s saying something about them right? The last batch that I made, I decided to click some pictures for the blog and update the recipe too, even though it is very simple and quite like the banana muffins. The first time, we used Mallika variant of mangoes that have a bright orange hue and are naturally very sweet. Obviously, the muffins looked a lot more like those beautifully orange, with rich aroma of the mangoes. This time though, I used Banganapalli variant of mangoes that have an undertone of sourness with yellowish hue. And again, the muffins resembled those mangoes as it is. I would suggest you to use the juiciest, brightest and sweetest mangoes for this recipe.
I enjoy baking cakes and breads. While icings and frostings are all very pretty, what works for regular snacking is healthy, not loaded with sugar, whole snacks that don’t make you feel too guilty. I am all for making simple delicious bakes like these Eggless Mango Almond Muffins and getting small sized portions means we also try to restrict ourselves from binge-eating. This recipe uses just 3 tablespoon of oil and there is just enough sugar to make it mildly sweet – that’s the magic of adding fruit to the muffin batter. While the mango season lasts, I am going to make these mango muffins as often as I can. It is quite an accompaniment for our evening tea, especially after a long tiring day of work.
How to make Eggless Mango Almond Muffins –
Eggless Mango Almond Muffins
- Oven (OTG)
- Muffin Tray
- Silicon Spoon
1 cup = 250ml, 1 tablespoon = 15ml, 1 teaspoon = 5ml
- ¾ cup Mango Puree from one large mango
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Oil
- ¼ cup Slivered Almonds
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- A pinch of Salt
- Line the muffin tray with muffin liners and preheat the oven at 180°C for 15-20 mins.
- In a bowl add mango puree, oil and vanilla essence.
- Roughly powder the sugar and add it to the bowl with mango puree, oil & vanilla essence.
- Whisk everything until the oil is mixed well and the mixture looks shiny & smooth.
- In another bowl mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Now add slivered almonds and mix them in.
- Add the prepared mango mixture.
- Gently fold the flour mixture without any lumps. Don’t overmix it as the muffins can turn chewy.
- Fill the muffin liners until ¾th with the batter, sprinkle slivered almonds on top and bake at 180°C for 25-30 mins.
- Remove the tray from the oven when a tester comes out clean and the muffin tops are firm & fluffy.
- Cool on wire rack, serve warm. Store in an airtight container outside at room temperature for upto a week.
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Eggless Mango Almond Muffins –
Line the muffin tray with muffin liners and preheat the oven at 180°C for 15-20 mins.
In a bowl add mango puree, oil and vanilla essence.
Roughly powder the sugar and add it to the bowl with mango puree, oil & vanilla essence.
Whisk everything until the oil is mixed well and the mixture looks shiny & smooth.
In another bowl mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
Now add slivered almonds and mix them in.
Add the prepared mango mixture.
Gently fold the flour mixture without any lumps. Don’t overmix it as the muffins can turn chewy.
Fill the muffin liners until ¾th with the batter, sprinkle slivered almonds on top and bake at 180°C for 25-30 mins.
Remove the tray from the oven when a tester comes out clean and the muffin tops are firm & fluffy.
Cool on wire rack, serve warm. Store in an airtight container outside at room temperature for upto a week.
- Prepare mango puree by blending chopped mango pieces without any liquid. If the mangoes are sour, add 1-2 teaspoon of sugar while blending.
- Use ripe, colorful mangoes for the best results.
- Adjust sugar quantity per sweetness preference. My sugar had large crystals, so I powered it roughly to help mix easily. You can also use castor sugar.
Reach out to me at [email protected]! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart