Make the best homemade Eggless Waffles that are Vegan too! With some drizzled on top and your favorite fruits, these easy Waffles are one of the most delicious kid-friendly breakfast recipes.
If I am grateful for one thing this year, amidst a lot of other stressful stuff going on – it is my food experimentation that is keeping me very happy. I made recipes like Murungai Keerai Dosai, Avakaya and Mamak Mee Goreng – some of these I never imagined to blog about. Continuing with my experimentation, here comes my most easy Eggless Waffles recipe! It would be an understatement to say that making Waffles at home has been my dream come true. One of my treasured buys from the US has been my waffle iron and I recently put it to good use.
These easy Eggless Waffles require very little effort and preparing them hardly takes any time at all. This recipe is adapted from here and it worked perfectly well for me. I set my waffle iron on medium to high mode and poured over the prepared batter, let it cook first and then crisp up to perfection. I then drizzled honey over the fresh eggless waffles and then topped up with season’s first mangoes! Everyone in the family, including my parents loved them so much and are already asking me to make them again.
As there are no eggs used in making these Eggless Waffles, this recipe uses baking powder and little more than other recipes. Don’t worry at all, it doesn’t taste any different from your favorite waffles and in fact, it is so much better than that! One thing to keep in mind though – follow the instructions of your waffle iron for pre-heating, pouring the batter and cooking the waffles. As these are eggless, it requires a couple more minutes to crisp up – do give them that extra time while keeping a close eye on the waffles. Go wild with the toppings – any fruit, syrup, icing sugar or whipping cream – it is just magical 🙂
How to make Eggless Waffles | Easy Vegan Waffles –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Eggless Waffles | Easy Vegan Waffles –
1. In a bowl add all the dry ingredients – all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Mix well.
2. Make a well in the center and add water followed by vanilla essence and oil.
3. Mix well until there are no lumps and the batter is smooth.
4. Meanwhile preheat the waffle maker and once it is ready, pour the prepared batter as per the instructions of your waffle iron. I had to use 2/3 to 3/4 cup of batter to fill the mould.
5. Close the lid of the waffle iron and cook the waffle for 5-7 mins or as per the instructions on your waffle iron. As the waffle looks cooked, golden and crisp, remove it.
6. Drizzle honey or any syrup of your choice and top with your favorite fruit or icing sugar or whipped cream. Serve hot or warm.
- As waffles irons are not standardized, pls make sure to read through your instruction manual and follow the instructions. For eggless waffles, the cooking time could be slightly higher.
- It is optional to grease the waffle iron as most are non-stick. If your waffles stick on both sides, grease with a thin coat of cooking spray.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart