I am a huge huge fan of Soups. PERIOD. Be it any kind of soup from clear soup to thick soup to creamy soups - I love everything. Everytime we go out for dinner, my heart goes towards the variety of soups the restaurant serves. Sometimes I actually rate a restaurant based on their soup quality. Having great love for soups, I used to buy sachets of Knorr readymade soup. While it would have nothing but a teeny-tiny veg pieces and a couple of sweet corn, I would relish it just for the feel of soup. One day I thought enough was enough, I should take soup matters into my hands and thats when my soup saga started. During my week's stay in Chennai, I amazed everyone at home with a different kind of soup every evening. Some of them would feature here as well. For now, here is the Golden Carrot Soup Recipe.
- Carrots - 3 (medium sized)
- Onion - 1 (medium)
- Olive Oil - 1 tsp
- Crushed Black Pepper - ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Water - as req
- Coriander - Optional
- Peel the carrot skin and roughly chop the carrots into chunks.
- Take a thick bottomed bowl and add olive oil.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute until half cooked.
- Add the carrot chunks and saute for a minute. Add enough water making water the carrots are well-immersed.
- Let them cook for 8-9mins on medium flame.
- Once the carrots are soft (by now the water should be evaporated). Take the mixture into a blender and let it cool. I would leave a few onion pieces in the bowl, which would give an awesome texture to the soup.
- Grind the mixture into a smooth paste, add some water to make it to soup consistency and pour it back into the thick bottomed vessel.
- Add salt and pepper powder, bring the soup to boil and serve hot with chopped coriander on top.
- I would sometimes skip pepper powder and coriander to relish the taste of carrots. Both these are optional.
I'm a soup fan too!
Every weekend i will make soup... i mean with Maggie ready-made packets. even though its taste is not up-to the mark, i just want something hot in the form of soup(i am a very biiig fan of soup). But after reading this simple recipe i asked my mom to do it for me and the taste was delicious. i literally licked every bit of it from the bowl hehe 🙂 Thanks GB.. Do post various recipes of soups pls pls 🙂
Awww this is the best comment I have received here.. I am glad the soup turned out good and you liked it as well 🙂 Will definitely post more soup recipes 🙂
yumm yumm!! i sure will try this...Till now i have only been making tomato soup and spinach soup!! I think this is a great idea!! Thanks for sharing..
Spinach Soup??? I would love to know that recipe 🙂
That is something my mom invented during my pregnancy!!! Will surely share her recipe 🙂
I know its so healthy! 🙂