A simple stuffed Okra Fry – Andhra Special Gutti Bendakaya Koora recipe with step-wise pictures. An excellent spicy stuffed bhindi fry recipe, best as side dish for rice/roti.
Guthi Bendakaya Koora is very similar to Gutti Vankaya Koora, both Andhra special recipes. Although I have had stuffed okra fry many a times, I never thought of giving it a try at home until very recently. It goes best as side dish for both rice and rotis. This version of Gutti Bendakaya Fry is a dry version, with very flavorful stuffing!
The key to making best stuffed bhindi fry recipe is to choose good, tender okra/bhindi/ladies’ finger. It is best to choose small ones so that they get cooked faster and it is easier to serve as well. Preparing the stuffing takes very little effort. The main flavoring ingredient in the stuffing spice mix is curry leaves. Along with jeera/cumin seeds and red chillies – it is spicy and flavorful. This dry spice mix is then stuffed into Bhindi/Okra and fried until crispy. It is one of the best accompaniments to rice as well as roti. Check out how I served this with Methi Pulao on my Instagram post!
How to make Gutti Bendakaya | Stuffed Okra Fry –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Gutti Bendakaya | Stuffed Okra Fry –
1. Wash and pat dry Bhindi/Okra. Slit each one vertically carefully not to tear it apart. Prepare rest of the Okra similarly.
2. Meanwhile, dry roast dried red chillies, jeera until golden and finally add washed curry leaves. Fry for 1-2 mins on low flame.
3. Grind into a smooth powder along with turmeric powder and salt.
4. Stuff this spice powder into each Okra/Bhindi as much as possible. Repeat this with rest of the Okra.
5. In a pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal and once they splutter, add curry leaves.
6. Place the prepared Okra in the hot pan and gently turn each one after a minute or so.
7. Sprinkle salt as needed and cook covered for 6-7 mins.
8. Once the Okra is crispy, remove from heat.
9. Serve hot with rice or roti.
- Adjust spices as per preference.
- Choose tender, small sized Okra/Bhindi for best results.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart