I am a sweet toothed person and I would love something sweet soon after lunch/dinner. It was Amma who would give me company growing up. She would not bother my bugging at all and I am very good at bugging her 😀 If there was nothing at all she had handy, she would give me a piece of jaggery for my sweet fix. After getting married, it is S who keeps me company. He would not even mind going out at 10 in the night to get a small dairy milk or perk. In turn, I prepare something that makes my loved ones happy. Mango is a fruit that both S and my amma love to no end. While the cut fruit is awesome as it is, I wanted to try something more with it. And then the idea hit me. I could make use of the popsicle stand I got a good two years back and make mango popsicles. Immediately I set out to work, which is nothing apart from whisking mango pulp, filling the popsicle mould and putting it in the freezer. It's the wait time that kills. I was running to the freezer every hour to check if the popsicles were made 😀
What I used -
- Mango, 1 large (I used Mallika variety)
- Sugar, 4 tbsp
- Milk, ⅓ cup
How I made -
- In a blender, add cut mango pieces, sugar and milk. Blend/Whisk until the mango puree is smooth. Adjust sugar levels depending on the sweetness of the mango. Make sure the milk is at room temperature or cold, esle it can curdle.
- Fill the popsicle mould with the pureed mango. Do not fill it to the brim, leave atleast 2cms on the top which makes removing easier later. Cover the popsicle mould with lid. Note: If you dont have popsicle stand, you can use normal glasses. Once the puree is half frozen, insert popsicle stick or a steel spoon.
- Put the popsicle stand in the freezer for about 5hrs.
- While removing the popsicle, keep the mould in water (at room temperature) for about 2mins. Gently apply pressure on the lid and pull it out. Serve immediately!
It sure tastes a hundred times better than the store bought popsicle sticks! 🙂
oh and I am sure it tastes many hundred times better...
Thanks a lot Bikram 🙂
Thanks for this recipe, I am a mango maniac, I am trying this 😀
Pls pls try this out Keirthana, I am sure you will love it 🙂
I am sure i am ginna try this... cursing me for eating a mango in a raw form today morning 🙂
hahaha 🙂 Mango season innum iruke.. Find juiciest mangoes and try this soon - I am sure you will love it 🙂