My own recipe, My own cake - this is a mighty achievement for me, yaaaay yaay yay!!!! I am pretty impressed with the outcome. This is fairly simple recipe and very tasty one too. A best tea side snack. I made it last night after the dinner and it was our dessert. It was just yummmmmmmmm! The husband loves oranges in any form. This was my attempt to impress him with a different kind of cake in the flavor that he loves and the purpose was solved. He just had no words and I was brimming with happiness with my results 😀 It was a delicious fresh orange tasting moist cake.. With no further delay, going to the recipe directly.
- Maida - 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar - ½ cup ( I had to add 2 more spoons of it to adjust to my sweetness levels)
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Egg - 1
- Orange zest - ½ teaspoon
- Salt - a pinch
- Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Orange Juice - ½ cup (add more or less based on the consistency required for the batter)
- Take a mixing bowl and add Maida, Powdered Sugar, Salt and Baking Powder. Mix well.
- In another bowl, Beat the egg and oil together until they are mixed well.
- Add Orange zest to this mixture and pour it over the maida sugar mix.
- Blend all the ingredients together. Now slowly add the orange juice to make the batter thin. Make sure you dont add the right amt of juice so that the batter is of the right consistency.
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 180deg C on toast mode.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased baking pan and bake for 25 mins (based on the OTG you have)
- Keep for an additional 2 mins on Grill mode to have crust formed on top also.
- Serve this cake with butter cream or fresh whipped cream.