Sunday saw me preparing so many varieties of dishes, I tried something new for every meal. This is the snack I came up with for having along with coffee. It was so awesome that I am going to make it all over again this weekend. The highlight is that these vadas are made in the oven which means that I had used less than a teaspoon of oil. The complete healthy version that it was, I am in so much love with this dish. S, the husband initially said that he would just want a couple of them. But it was so hard to resit having these crispy mouth watering vadas that we completed all of them in less in 5 mins. Here is the recipe -
- Sabhudhana - 1 cup
- Boiled Potatoes - 2 medium sized
- Peanuts (roasted and ground coarsely) - 1 cup
- Green Chili - 1 to 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger - a cube (finely chopped)
- Salt - as per taste
- Coriander - finely chopped
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Soak the sabhudhana in water for 3 to 6 hours.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together - sabhudhana, potato, peanuts, green chili, ginger, salt and coriander.
- Make out equal portions of the dough and flatten them in the center - making it similar to a patty.
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC for 10 mins
- Grease the baking tray with little oil and place these vadas with a cm gap in between.
- Spray some oil on top of them or alternatively you can use a brush to apply some oil. I didn't have neither of them so I just used a teaspoon to apply little oil all over.
- Bake them for around 20 mins alternating between bake and grill mode until they are golden brown from all sides.
- Serve them hot with a cup of coffee 🙂