This is the first ever dish I tried to bake which had egg in it. The occasion being “Our First Engagement Anniversary” 🙂 🙂 I had second thoughts of adding egg into a wonderful chocolatty mixture. I was hoping against hope that my kitchen and OTG doesn’t stink. Its failrly easy recipe just that you need to be extra careful with the time duration you should bake. Going directly into the recipe that gives you the best, mouth watering softest brownies ever 🙂
- Cooking chocolate – 75gms
- Butter – 35gms
- Maida – 1/6th cup
- Sugar (powdered) – 1/3rd cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Egg (cold) – 1
- Grated almonds – as much as you wish
- Double boil the butter and cooking chocolate together. Double boiling is simple.
- First boil some water in a heavy bottomed wide vessel.
- Take another smaller bowl with the butter and choc.
- Once the water boils, immerse the second bowl into the water and let the mixture melt from the heat of the water.
- The butter and choc mixture should be shiny and melted well. Remove from the heat.
- Add the egg and beat well. The egg shouldn’t be visible and gives some texture to the choc mixture.
- Add salt and sugar, beat well.
- Add Maida and continue beating the mixture with a spoon/ladle for 10 minutes. Allow the bubbles to burst.
- Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180ºC in toast mode.
- Pour the batter on to a greased baking dish. And topple with grated almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes. You may need to exercise care to check regularly if the sides are getting burnt.
- Once baked, cool it for 10 minutes before cutting it into pieces.