Quick, easy to make Spring Onion Paratha with step-wise pictures. Simple video recipe to make paratha with spring onion – a wholesome meal.
I love making Parathas – it is simple, healthy and really delicious too! Parathas are layered or stuffed Indian bread made with whole wheat flour, making it one of the best meals that can be made quickly. I recently harvested a batch of spring onion from my small balcony garden and I turned it into Spring Onion Paratha, something I will be making quite often for sure. The story of how I grew spring onion in my small garden is purely by chance. One day I happened to see tiny shallots sprouting in my kitchen, probably the moisture was little more than needed. I just planted them in the sheer hope that at least one of it blossoms and they all did! I am having very little luck with my gardening and I am pushing it as much as I can 🙂 Anyway I digress.
I have already made a few types of Parathas – Paneer Paratha, Gobhi Paratha, Cabbage Paratha, Laccha Paratha, Ajwain Paratha or Masala Paratha but this Spring Onion Paratha is very simple. All the required spices are mixed in to the dough and that’s it! All one needs to make this a complete meal is a bowl of homemade curd and some pickle. If you love Onion Paratha as much as I do but don’t want to chop onions or looking for ease, then this is the best recipe for you. It is very simple to roll on too and the flavor is just as good as a regular onion paratha.
Do check out this quick video recipe for making Spring Onion Paratha –
How to make Spring Onion Paratha –
Detailed recipe for making Spring Onion Paratha –
- In a mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour, finely chopped spring onion, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt and 1 tsp oil.
- Mix it well, bringing out the water content from spring onions.
- Sprinkle water as needed and knead it into a soft, firm dough.
- Apply 1/2 tsp oil on top and let the dough rest for 15-20 mins.
- Make equal sized balls out of the dough.
- Roll each ball of dough into a thin paratha. Repeat this with rest of the dough.
- Cook the paratha on a hot tawa until there are many golden spots. Spread a few drops of oil on both sides and remove from heat.
- Serve hot with raita/curd with pickle.
- Adjust spices as per preference.
- Along with spring onion, finely chopped methi leaves or palak can also be added.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart