Simple step-wise pictures and recipe to make one of the best eggless savory corn cheese waffles. Make these spicy waffles for breakfast, snack or as a party appetizer!
Waffles. Golden Syrup. Whipped Cream. Cut Bananas. Icing Sugar. Chocolate Sauce. Ice Cream. These are some of the things that I am instantly reminded of when I think of Waffles. For someone like me, who was introduced to waffles only a few years ago, I really couldn’t think of waffles being savory. Until my recent work trip to the US. I had some Southwest Style Savory Cheese Waffles and once I was back, I decided to try a version of my own making good use of my waffle maker. That’s how I ended up making Eggless Savory Corn Cheese Waffles.
I am sure everyone agrees with me when I say corn and cheese are one of the best flavor combinations. Take a look at these corn cheese pancakes – they are so delicious that no one can stop with just one. While making these eggless savory corn cheese waffles, I was going after the combinations of a pizza but in the form of waffles. They turned out so delicious and with some herbed ketchup, we had the best dinner on a weekday night.
So, it doesn’t matter if you don’t have a fancy waffle maker to make these Eggless Savory Corn Cheese Waffles at home. There are some good silicon moulds that are available on Amazon and you could just fill them up, pop them into an oven to have yummy waffles at home. I am sure kids would love this as much, given there is cheese. You could sneak in other vegetables too and substitute half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a much healthier version.
How to make Eggless Savory Corn Cheese Waffles –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Eggless Savory Corn Cheese Waffles –
1. In a mixing bowl add all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, red chilli flakes and mixed Italian herbs. Mix well.
2. Add milk and water, make a batter that it not too thick but it should not be runny.
3. Add oil and fold it in.
4. Next add grated cheese, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, sweet corn kernels and fold them in.
5. The batter should look like this.
6. Meanwhile heat the waffle maker and once it is ready, pour a big ladle of the batter at the center. Spread it out a little.
7. Cook it on medium heat until it is fluffy, golden and crisp. Remove it on to a plate and repeat the process with rest of the batter.
9. Serve hot with ketchup or herbed tomato sauce, with additional cheese on top.
- Add any other vegetables as you prefer.
- Whole wheat flour can be substituted for all purpose flour, but the waffles could be little dense.
Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart