I heart soups. Give me a big bowl of soup, I would be a happy soul. Especially if the soup is loaded with vegetables and noodles, I am all for it. Recently, I posted the recipe for one of my favorite soups – Vegetable Manchow Soup. The crispy fried noodles on top of a soup loaded with veggies can be quite comforting. But then, it’s not so healthy to have crispy fried noodles quite often and this soup would be a perfect replacement for the same. The noodles are cooked along with the vegetables, adding to the texture of the soup, making it quite tasty as well. I added all the vegetables from my pantry and along with it, sweet chilli sauce to make this soup sweet and hot! In my opinion, any Indo-Chinese soup is incomplete without spring onion and thus, adding finely chopped spring onion takes this soup a notch higher. Usually, I serve this for a quick week day dinner and every time it turns out to be an absolute winner.
Check out my other soup recipes here.
To make Noodle Soup
What I used –
- Onion, 1 large
- Garlic Pods, 6-8
- Green/Red Chilli, 1
- Carrots Finely Chopped, ½ cup
- Cabbage Finely Chopped, ½ cup
- Mushrooms Diced, ½ cup
- Noodles, 1 cup
- Sweet Chilli Sauce, 2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce, 1.5 tbsp
- Salt, as required
- Sugar, a generous pinch (optional)
- Corn Flour, 1 tbsp
- Spring Onions, a few
- Water, as required
- Oil, 1.5 tsp
How I made –
1. In a thick bottomed pan, heat oil. Add finely chopped garlic and chillies. Fry for 10-15 secs, add finely chopped onions. Fry until translucent.
2. Add finely chopped carrot and fry for 3-4 mins on low flame. Add finely chopped cabbage and fry for 2 mins. Add diced mushrooms and cook on low flame until everything is half cooked. If required, add some water while cooking the vegetables.
3. Add soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Add salt required for the vegetables and fry for 2 mins. Add atleast two cups of water. And add noodles to the half cooked vegetables. Let the noodles get cooked till ¾th done.
4. If required, add salt and a generous pinch of sugar. Meanwhile, mix some water with the corn flour and mix well. Add it to the cooking soup. Stir continuously until the soup thickens and the flour mixture is cooked.
5. Sprinkle spring onions on top and serve hot.
- Choice of vegetables is as per preference. I did not add French beans to the soup, can be added.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables and cook only until ¾th
- Add the noodles when the vegetables are half cooked and cook them until ¾th As they continue to cook with the additional heat of the soup, they can be easily overcooked.
- For additional spiciness, I added green chillies – can be skipped if serving to kids.
- If required pepper powder can be added.
- Sugar is optional, but enhances the flavour.
- This soup can turn a little thick on cooling down. If required, add more water and boil it again before serving.
Taking this recipe to the Fiesta Friday#106 at Angie's, co-hosted by Steffi @ Ginger & Bread and Andrea @ Cooking With a Wallflower.
This looks amazing, packed with loads of healthy goodness. Yummy 🙂 Have a lovely weekend
Thanks a lot Lynne 🙂 Have a nice weekend too!
Healthy and very nourishing!
It is, Aruna 🙂
Thanks Parul 🙂
Yummy! I love soups CH! this looks so hearty
Thanks dear 🙂
Sharvari (Mumbai to Melbourne)
Ohh yummo please parcel this now!! One of my fav soups love it!!http://www.mumbaitomelbourne.com/food-and-health-blog-posts/onion-and-coconut-bhakri-kanda-ani-naralachi-bhakri
Thanks Sharvari 🙂 Wish I could send you some!
Love the addition of carbs in soup. A complete meal by itself.
Yeah it can be a meal by itself, thanks Sri ?
drool.... complete meal... was searching something like this recipe ...yummy
Thanks Bharani 🙂
Nothing is more enticing during a winter cold snap than a big bowl of hot spicy soup! Yum!
So right! Thanks Toozesty 🙂
Freda @ Aromatic essence
Hearty and delicious!! I would be happy to have that bowl of soup for lunch or dinner 🙂
Thanks dear 🙂
Looks super luscious...
Thanks Chitra 🙂
Traditionally Modern Food
Loadede with veggies and niddles thus s whilese meal..I can skil lunch and have this
I am having a crush on noodle soup at the moment and this looks just like my kind of soup! It is cold and rainy outside and it would be ideal to tuck in to right now! 🙂
Awww! Wish I could have sent you some. Thanks Petra 🙂
Wow! This looks really comforting! So delicious! I am saving the recipe - I love everything here.
Thanks a bunch Jhuls 🙂
My Kitchen Area
Wow.. This looks delicious 🙂
Thanks Anandhi 🙂
I love soups! So this is going to be a great addition to my recipe repertoire!
Thanks much Nish 🙂
Lynz Real Cooking
A delicious bowl of soup- so lovely CH!
Thanks Lynn 🙂
Andrea Giang | Cooking with a Wallflower
This soup looks soo amazing. Happy FF!
Thanks Andrea 🙂
The Girl Next Door
You know how much I love soups, don't you? I think both the OH and I will love this one. Bookmarking it. 🙂
I am sure you will love this TNGD 🙂
A delicious soup - perfect for these cold Winter days! Thank you so much for bringing a few bowls of this along to our Fiesta Friday party!
Thank you so much Ginger 🙂