Make the most delicious and indulgent breakfast – Sambar Vadai Hotel Style with this easy step-wise picture recipe. Medu Vadai soaked in Sambar, a hotel style recipe.
Idli, Tiffin Sambar and Vadai, with a strong cup of degree filter kaapi – what more would one need to perk up their day?! This is one of the classic breakfast combos enjoyed by many across South India. We are a breakfast loving family and without fail, idli makes it appearance to the breakfast table at least a few times in a week. Vadai, not so much. I still consider Vadai as a festive food or something to order when we eat out in a restaurant (which is rare). Ulundu Vadai or Medu Vadai is made from fresh urad dal batter and as such it is delicious with coconut chutney.
Recently, when I had some left over Medu Vadai I decided to make Hotel Style Medu Vadai in Sambar recipe at home. It is not so common in our home to make fried stuff and when it gets made, we take full advantage of it. I had already made some tiffin sambar too, so putting this recipe together took no time at all. Just like Sambar Idli recipe, this recipe is a classic in restaurants. At home, I simply soaked the crispy vadai in hot and spicy sambar, chopped over some fresh coriander and garnished with finely chopped onion. It is warm, comforting and utterly delicious!
How to make Sambar Vada –
Detailed step-wise picture recipe of making Sambar Vada –
1. Prepare Medu Vadai by following this recipe and soak them in hot water for 10-15 mins for them to soften a bit.
2. Prepare Tiffin Sambar as per this recipe and heat it, top off with fresh coriander leaves.
3. Squeeze off the Vadai from the water.
4. Set both the Vadai and tiffin sambar for serving. Pour hot sambar on top of Vadai, top off with 1 tsp of ghee and sprinkle fresh coriander leaves and finely chopped onions on top.
5. Serve immediately with the side of a good filter coffee or ginger tea!
- The Vadai should be soft to absorb the sambar well.
- Raw onions are optional but recommended for a good crunch.
Reach out to me at email@example.com! Also follow me on:
Facebook – Cooking From Heart
Pinterest – Cookingfromheart
Instagram – Cookingfromheart
Twitter – Cookinfromheart