Learn how to make Tandoori Mushroom Tikka recipe with easy video recipe!
Mondays need all kinds of motivation. For a foodie like me nothing comes close to good food and if that is cooked at home, nothing like it at all. One fine day I was in mood for some tikkas but not the usual fare. A pack of mushrooms were found in the fridge and I immediately decided to make Mushroom Tikka. This happened at almost the same time as Pineapple Tikka – for one and only reason. We are big foodies and cant do with just one type of Tikka.
Sometimes I wonder how much I missed by getting acquainted to eggs and mushrooms very late in life (ok, not so late :D) When we try something for the first time, there always is an apprehension and in my honest opinion, the first impression is the best impression. Thankfully, I made a great start with both eggs and mushrooms as I can’t imagine my life now without these two super foods in my fridge.
I made few modifications to my Paneer Tikka recipe and used it for making the Tandoori Mushroom Tikka recipe. Since I don’t have a tandoor oven, I used my OTG but the results were just amazing. I grilled and toasted the mushrooms at 200°C which is considered high for any veggie grilling but that kind of hot temperature was needed to get the desired tandoori effect. I served it up with Pudina/Mint Yogurt chutney which is like the perfect combination ever!
Check out the video below to make Tandoori Mushroom Tikka recipe easily. Please do subscribe to my Youtube channel and share your feedback 🙂
Tandoori Mushroom Tikka Recipe
Tandoori Mushroom Tikka
Measurements1 cup = 250ml, 1 tbsp = 15ml, 1 tsp = 5ml
- 12-15Button Mushrooms
- 1/2tspTurmeric Powder
- 3/4tspRed Chilli Powder
- 1/2tspGaram Masala Powder
- 1/2tspFennel/Saunf Powder
- 2tbspThick Curd
- 2tbspGram Flour/Besan
- 1/2tspGinger Garlic Paste
- Salt as needed
- 1/2tspChaat Masalaoptional
- In a bowl add cleaned button mushrooms, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, thick curd, gram flour/besan and oil. Mix everything well together without adding any water and set it aside for 20 to 30 mins at the least.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 200°C for 10-15 mins.
- Arrange the mushrooms on a skewer, preferable 5 pieces per skewer. Either set the skewers arranged on the automatic rotisserie or place them on a baking dish (lined with aluminum foil) and rotate them every few mins so that are evenly grilled and roasted at 200°C. After 15-20 mins, as mushrooms look shrunken, turn golden and charred at places, remove them from the oven.
- Serve hot with Mint Chutney!
- To clean the mushrooms properly, wash them in running water and using a clean cloth, scrub the top so that the skin gets removed. This step is optional. Pat them dry before using.
- Additionally coriander powder and cumin powder can also be used,
- The curd should be fresh (not sour) and thick.
- To prepare the mint chutney, whisk thick curd with salt. Blend mint leaves along with green chilli and whisk it with beaten curd. Add chaat masala as needed.