Learn how to make quick, easy and delicious Cream of Pumpkin Soup Recipe. Easy Creamy Pumpkin Soup recipe - healthy & delicious!
I had been wanting to try this recipe for a long long time now and somehow it didn't happen. When I had the mood, there was no pumpkin and vice versa. Finally, I had the pumpkin and I immediately tried this soup - it's plain awesome. One should have a spoonful of this soup to understand what I am saying. The natural sweetness from the pumpkin, rich flavour and creamy texture leaves you spell bound. This is a kind of thick soup which can be used along side evening snacks and it would be so filling. Here is the recipe for the rich-creamy-silky-velvety Pumpkin Soup. I am using milk instead of cream which gives you the same taste but is low - calorie. Best served with Garlic Bread Sticks!
How to make Cream of Pumpkin Soup
Cream of Pumpkin Soup
1 cup = 250ml, 1 tablespoon = 15ml, 1 teaspoon = 5ml
- 2 cups Large Diced Yellow Pumpkin
- 1 Medium Onion Finely Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Water/Vegetable Stock
- Salt as required
- In a pan heat the butter. Add chopped onions, garlic cloves and yellow pumpkin pieces.
- Cook for 3-4 mins on low flame and pumpkin starts to soften. Add salt as needed, mix well.
- Keep covered and cook for another 3-4 mins without charring them.
- Add milk and gently mash the mixture. Cook until the milk is well absorbed.
- Let the mixture cool down completely. Grind into a smooth puree.
- Add it back to the pan and add water/vegetable stock to adjust the consistency of the soup.
- Heat the soup on low flame until it just begins to boil. The soup should be thick and creamy.
- Sprinkle crushed black pepper and finish with a dollop of cream/milk on top.
- Serve hot immediately with garlic bread or toast.
- Do not boil the soup on low flame or long enough as the milk can cause it to curdle.
- Vegetable stock is optional and water can be used too.
- For best taste, use good quality yellow/red pumpkin with no traces of green.
I would be delighted to know if you have tried this recipe, don’t forget to share your feedback and comments below. If you have any questions, you can e-mail me! I am also available on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter 🙂
I have never tasted pumpkin in any form.. you made me and my husband love this soup Akka... Almost weekly once i am making this soup... Thanks a lot for this recipe..it's simply superb 😍
Thank you so much Bala 🤗